What data do we collect?
The following personal information is collected and managed by the IAM service:
- Personal identitifcation information (Name,email address,phone number, affiliation)
- Unique ID used to identify the user when authenticated through a SAML identity provider (eduPersonPrincipalName or SAML persistent ID/eduPersonTargetedID) or linked social login accounts (e.g., a Google account)
How do we collect your data?
Data is collected when users register and authetnicate at the IAM service.
INFN could collect your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Trusted Identity Providers, e.g. your home institution IdP;
- Social login providers, e.g. Google
How we will use your data?
INFN collects your data in order to implement:
- User authentication and authorization at the service or at trusted services relying on IAM for authentication and authorization
- Automated sending of email messages necessary for use of the service
- Statistics and development of the service
- Integration testing
How do we store your data?
Personal data is stored until the user asks to be removed from the service by interacting with the contact person for the service. Access logs are deleted after 12 months.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit the IAM service, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Store user preferences
What types of cookies do we use ?
The INFN IAM service uses the following type of cookies:
- Functionality: INFN uses these cookies so that we recognize you on the IAM service and remember previously selected preferences. Only first-party cookies are used for this purpose;
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but the IAM service will not work as a result of this choice
How to contact us
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that INFN has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, use the following contact info:
Davide Salomoni INFN-CNAF Viale Berti Pichat 6/2 40127 Bologna Italy email@example.com